httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James G Smith <jgsm...@jamesmith.com>
Subject Using a different protocol than HTTP with apache core
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:08:36 GMT
I might be needing to write an OCSP server in the next few months.  Everything
I would want or need (encryption (eventually ?), threading/pre-forking, apache
request/response cycle, memory management, ...) is available in the basic
apache software.  I just need to replace the HTTP code with OCSP code.

I thought I recalled hearing someone say that Apache 2.0 would eventually be
able to support more than just HTTP -- that there would basically be a
protocol-neutral core upon which various protocols could be layered.  Is this
true or was I dreaming?
James Smith - jgsmith@jamesmith.com | http://www.jamesmith.com/
            jsmith@sourcegarden.org | http://sourcegarden.org/
              jgsmith@tamu.edu      | http://cis.tamu.edu/systems/opensystems/