httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Deleting files from CVS
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:54:23 GMT
On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:05:37PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Greg,
>
> If you are going to do any work with the repository tonight, could you
> _please_ delete http_core, http_protocol, and http_request from
> httpd-2.0/server?  Those are duplicated in httpd-2.0/modules/http, and
> they aren't included in the Makefile.

Done.

I've removed the following files directly from the CVS repository:

    httpd-2.0/server/http_{core,protocol,request}.c
    httpd-2.0/include/Attic/*      (ap_*.h)
    httpd-2.0/os/win32/Attic/*     (*.dsp and mod_dll.c)

In each case, I verified that the HEAD revisions were exactly the same as
the apache-2.0 repository (meaning that we didn't lose any change history by
removing the ,v files).

When you do a "cvs update" to your server/ directory, you will get a notice
like this:

[gstein@kurgan server]$ cvs up
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: http_core.c is no longer in the repository
cvs server: http_protocol.c is no longer in the repository
cvs server: http_request.c is no longer in the repository
cvs server: Updating mpm
cvs server: Updating mpm/beos
cvs server: Updating mpm/dexter
cvs server: Updating mpm/mpmt_beos
cvs server: Updating mpm/mpmt_pthread
cvs server: Updating mpm/perchild
cvs server: Updating mpm/prefork
cvs server: Updating mpm/spmt_os2
cvs server: Updating mpm/winnt
[gstein@kurgan server]$

The files will be removed from your working copy.

There are no more Attic files in the CVS repository at this time.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/