httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: httpd-2.0 module is up
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:34:53 GMT
On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 06:58:54PM -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Argh.  I took a nap and woke up four hours later.  When I did,
> I realized that I forgot to mention the most important thing --
> I want everyone to look at the repository and see if the new layout
> is good or if it sucks.  If it sucks, I'd like to fix it now before too
> much is invested in the work.

Seems fine. We aren't really going to know until we get a bit of exercise
with it, and that isn't going to happen unless we cold-turkey switch over.

> One thing I know I screwed up was in moving the three main http
> files over to modules/http -- I should have left them in server
> (what was src/main) to make the build easier.  I am fixing that now.
> Ryan, let me know if I am getting in your way.

As Ryan said... these should go ahead and stay in their new location for
now. We can munge them up in their new place (and kludge things a bit until
then).

> The other thing I didn't mention is that I did not change the
> avail line for apache-2.0, since I wasn't sure if we wanted to
> adopt this new repository right away or if was going to be kicked
> back at me for improvements.  *shrug*

Ryan zapped the avail line earlier today. For all intents and purposes,
apache-2.0 is dead, and we're now working on httpd-2.0.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/