httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: install directory layout
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:59:13 GMT

All things considered, the actual libs are independent of the administrator
themselves, they should mostly be transparent.  I'd argue they can go anywhere
we choose (libexec on unix, bin on win32) with no adverse affects, confusion
or other side effects.

When linking to libraries in libexec, win32 will behave as unix, and that's
maybe the least transparent detail.  The binding libs are in libexec on win32,
the actual dll's are in bin where they are easily found.