httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Fw: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 Makefile.win
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:43:50 GMT

Absolutely.  However, our 'own' munger could also accomplish this.  It might
even be a simpler task.  Ok.  It isn't.  Perl is a text processing language.
C isn't (except when we get done with it :-)

Any which way we need a munger, for .conf files, .exp/.def files, and if I
do things the 'right way', we even build our .dsp+.mak files from the Unix
codebase.  I'm not promising to finish that this week though :=}

> > Now my question is: Do we REALLY need this function?
>
> IMHO, yes we should have this function.  [snip...]
> Requiring some extra programs to build Apache on
> Windows shouldn't cause any more problems than it does on Unix.

+1, within reason, of course.

> Finally, this isn't required for installing, just building from source, so
> this isn't a huge issue IMHO.

Correction, it isn't required for building.  It's only required if they
do a full build + install in Win32.