httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: 2.0 flavor byteranges still broken [was patch...]
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:46:20 GMT

That behavior is -correct- by my reading (no space between bytes and =).
But do we accept;

Range: bytes=10-20 ,30-40

???  That should also be correct.

> I'll try to fix that today.
>
> > I would guess not, but according to Tony's reading of the spec (which
> > I agree with, and Jim had doubts about), we need to accept spaces between
> > the = , spec, and commas.  We are all pretty sure that there cannot be
> > spaces within the '10-20' segment string.  And, you have no Content-Length,
> > but that may or may not pose a problem.
>
> I don't know why the content-length didn't make it into the
> mail, but I do have one on my computer.

Including the tags, or only of the contents?  It should be the
entire body, including body tags of the x-byteranges and seperators.

> > This all looks good.  Note, you -may- use 10-20/* if the entity body we
> > are byteranging has an unknown Content-Length :-)
>
> As far as I can tell, Apache doesn't handle that condition.  I haven't
> really looked for it though.  Because of the way byteranges have to work,
> we need the content-length before we can deal with them.
>
> > I also rather expect that we don't yet distinguish sytnax errors from out
> > of range (empty) segments, and I doubt we accept 10-20,,30-40 which is very
> > legitimate by the spec.  And, we need to respond with a 416 where we have
> > a syntactically valid byterange request we cannot fulfill because every
> > range requested is out-of-bounds.
> >
> > I'd be happy to look at that, but it won't be till Monday night.  If you
> > beat me to it, great, if not I'll look at a patch.
>
> I'll try to get to it today sometime.

Cool... I know your plate is pretty full as it is :-)