httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support httpd.exp
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:37:55 GMT

I think our existing apr_os_ functions make sense, and if you find a specific
discrepancy, note it here (such as I did for apr_put_os_dir, which was nonsense.)

> Two questions.  1)  Why the name change?  2)  What particular
> OS object are you talking about?
>
> The reason I chose the apr_put_os_* name, is that it matches well with
> apr_get_os_*.  Not that its important, but I would like the two functions
> to be symetric, because they perform complimentary functions.

Made sense, although apr_from_os_bleh would make equal sense.  If we start
playing games with apr_from_FILE_, apr_from_HANDLE_, and apr_from_stream_ we
are getting too carried away, I'd suggest converting from the most base
type on a platform (HANDLE in the case of win32) and coding our way out
of a stream into a HANDLE before converting to APR.  This is what we do today.