httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ab.c ab.dsp htdigest.c htdigest.dsp htpasswd.c htpasswd.dsp logresolve.c logresolve.dsp rotatelogs.c rotatelogs.dsp
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:52:39 GMT

Ok, clarifying, for -trivial- apps (say, the Apache support/ code, for
example) we shouldn't have to add config script tests to come up with a
very simple app.  OTOH, a non-trivial app (apache, subversion, etc) will
always have their own tests, but should be able to leverage what APR
already does for them.  Ergo, not only can't we indiscriminately -not-
pull out tests, we cannot change the way we arrive at 'our' answers, e.g.
APR_HAVE_MMAP_H, since if they care, they will look at our method of
deriving the test and decide if it's legit for their app.

> Another way of putting this is that we will be willing to do the stuff
> which is trivial for the app to do itself but we won't be willing to
> do much hard stuff.  (Who here likes to commit patches they don't
> understand or have no way to verify?)

Ryan will handle this :-)>