httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_file_cache.c
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 13:19:33 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> Euh... that would indicate a problem with ap_send_fd(). We pass in an
> offset, so it should use it. We shouldn't have to see beforehand.
>
> Am I missing something about ap_send_fd's API?

What to do depends on how silly it is for main path (static page, not
cached via mod_file_cache) to waste a syscall seeking to where it
already is (relatively cheap but still with fixed syscall overhead).

FW[little]IW, Apache and included modules always pass zero for the
offset to ap_send_fd().
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...