httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:46:00 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> This is a dependancy issue.  Just change the dependancy to be
> unix/networkio.h or run make depend in that directory.  The problem is
> happening because the dependancies were created on a unix box, where OSDIR
> == DEFAULT_OSDIR.  If you re-run the dependancies on a 390 box and commit
> the changes this will go away and things will still work on Unix.

The auto dependency generation only works with gcc, which I don't have
on OS/390.

Maybe the dependencies should be generated by this code, where I
reversed the order of checking for DEFOSDIR vs OSDIR so that DEFOSDIR
is preferred:

 cp Makefile.in Makefile.in.bak \
            && sed -ne '1,/^# DO NOT REMOVE/p' Makefile.in >
            Makefile.new \
            && gcc -MM $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) *.c >> Makefile.new \
            && sed -e '1,$$s: $(DEFOSDIR)/: $$(DEFOSDIR)/:g' \
                   -e '1,$$s: $(OSDIR)/: $$(OSDIR)/:g' \
                   -e '1,$$s: $(INCDIR)/: $$(INCDIR)/:g' Makefile.new
            \
                > Makefile.in \
            && rm Makefile.new

But this, like hand-editing I believe, assumes that the default OS dir
is unix for any platform that uses this code.

I really appreciate your help!  I'm just a bit tired of staring at
makefiles :)
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...