httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/os2 sockets.c sockopt.c
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:26:32 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> >   +static void set_socket_vars(apr_socket_t *sock, int family)
> >   +static void alloc_socket(apr_socket_t **new, apr_pool_t *p)
>
> Can some of this be shared? It looks exactly like the unix version.

That is possibly useful, but I think the similaries between a lot more
code in the network package warrant looking at the broader picture to
see how to combine code more.

Heck, most of sockets.c is the same, but there are sprinkles of
platform detail here and there.  This could be shared to a much
greater extent but folks would have to be willing to put up with a bit
of conditional compilation and some macros (like getting the
OS-specific error code) to make it work.

Right now it can be a pain to work in that package because there is
enough sharing that changing apr_socket_t much affects all four
platforms but not enough sharing to minimize the risks of breaking one
of the platforms when you play with it.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...