httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: exports.c again
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 00:32:52 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> > So we'd first spit out
> >
> >   extern const void *apr_MD5Encode;
> >   extern const void *apr_MD5Final;
> >   extern const void *apr_MD5Init;
> >
> > then
> >
> >   const void *ap_hack_apr_MD5Encode = (const void *)apr_MD5Encode;
> >   const void *ap_hack_apr_MD5Final = (const void *)apr_MD5Final;
> >   const void *ap_hack_apr_MD5Init = (const void *)apr_MD5Init;
> >
> > Alternatively, we can declare all possible functions in the apr header
> > files regardless of the configuration.
> >
> > Any preferences?
>
> I like not needing the declarations regardless of the config.  In other
> words exports.c should declare the functions.
>
> This should be VERY easy to add to the script that generates the
> code.  Question though.  Won't AIX get messed up if there are functions in
> httpd.exp that aren't defined?

As I understand it,yes, AIX will get messed up if httpd.exp has
functions which aren't defined.

What I plan to do when I get a chance (a few hours from now?):

1) change buildexports.sh to first spit out declarations (instead of
   #include-s), then spit out what it does now

2) add APR_ENOTIMPL versions of apr_sendfile(), apr_get_os_thread(),
   and apr_get_os_threadkey()

In the future we can expect to add a few more dummy functions (like
David Reid's problem with the procattr function on BeOS).

Are we on the same page?
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...