httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 01:02:30 GMT
Sascha Schumann <sascha@schumann.cx> writes:

> > >     Could you point me to the condition you refer to?
> >
> > AP_CORE_DECLARE_NONSTD(apr_status_t) ap_content_length_filter(ap_filter_t *f,
>
>     I know which *function*.
>
> >         if (r->assbackwards
> >             || r->status == HTTP_NOT_MODIFIED
> >             || r->status == HTTP_NO_CONTENT
> >             || r->header_only
> >             || apr_table_get(r->headers_out, "Content-Length")
> >             || r->proto_num == HTTP_VERSION(1,1)
> >             || ap_find_last_token(f->r->pool,
> >                                   apr_table_get(r->headers_out,
> >                                                 "Transfer-Encoding"),
> >                                   "chunked")) {
>
>     But which *condition* are you referring to?
>
>     I don't see anything particularly which would help me to make
>     the PHP module work again.
>
>     Maybe our understanding of the term "streaming" differs.

Yep... you want the content to go the client ASAP and the filter (for
HTTP 1.0 when there isn't a content length) wants to hold onto the
content to calculate the length...

Comment-out the ap_add_filter() for now...  I don't have time to
code/commit even that much at the moment...  feel free to do so
yourself.

This is troublesome...  content-length can be useful; we just don't
know if we're going to break dynamic content by doing so...

*&^%
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...