httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 01:33:39 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawickj@bellsouth.net> writes:

> Sascha Schumann <sascha@schumann.cx> writes:
>
> >     I don't see anything particularly which would help me to make
> >     the PHP module work again.
> >
> >     Maybe our understanding of the term "streaming" differs.
>
> Yep... you want the content to go the client ASAP and the filter (for
> HTTP 1.0 when there isn't a content length) wants to hold onto the
> content to calculate the length...
>
> Comment-out the ap_add_filter() for now...  I don't have time to
> code/commit even that much at the moment...  feel free to do so
> yourself.

I think the fix is to leave content length filter in there, but if it
sees a flush bucket prior to EOS it should disable itself and let
everything flow as it comes.

A module has to do a flush to let the content flow to the client ASAP
so we can use that trigger to know what to do.

Does that sound reasonable?

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...