httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [Patch]: mod_include.c port to 2.0 buckets (includes newmod_include.h)
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:21:49 GMT
"Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com> writes:

> There is definitely a content length problem. parsed content should not have a
> content length header added, yet the default handler is adding one. I suspect
> it should be removed and chunked encoding set somewhere in the path, I am just
> not yet sure where this should happen.
>
> Bill

A filter which expects to change the content length should unset the
Content-Length header field.

If a filter unsets the Content-Length header field, magic should
happen (i.e., the core code should chunk or compute content length or
let it stream as appropriate).  The core support for this has been
working in the past.  A couple of quick tests with mod_autoindex
(HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1) indicates that the right stuff is happening.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...