httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject SetFilter docs
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:35:38 GMT
Ryan, I have not checked the code to see what it actually does, but the
documentation for SetFilter is bogus.  You say that this maps a
filter to a mime type, but all the examples you give are mapping a filter
to a handler.  ("server-parsed" is a handler, both in conventional
Apache usage, and by virtue of the AddHandler directive in the second
example.)

I have not followed all the filter discussions, but we clearly do not
want mime-types to be the "main" way of setting up filters.
This gets us back to the old situation of overloading the mime
type with too many duties.  A mime-type's primary duty is to set the
content type for the file.

Joshua