httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <>
Subject Re: Configuration...
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 15:01:12 GMT
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > The real question: what replaces libtool? We only need it for building
> > dynamically loaded modules. (not shared libs!) Is Ralf's dsotool ready?
> >
> Not sure, but the 1.3 tree has some capability in that regards,
> though it needs to be cleaned up.

I really think it would be more constructive to clearly identify what the
problem is and fix it.  We have been shipping PHP 4 with a very similar
config system for months now and it has not proven to be a problem for us
so far.  That doesn't mean there aren't problems, but instead of saying
"it doesn't work" which we all know is not a way to file a bug report,
let's get some hard facts so people who aren't interested in re-inventing
the wheel can have a chance to fix the current wheel.

View raw message