httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Converting docs to XHTML
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:44:04 GMT

There is a proposal outstanding on the apache-docs list to convert the
docs to XHTML.  The reasons for this are:

1. The docs are currently in HTML3.2 and there are some basic HTML
features that can't be used because they won't validate under this DTD.

2. If we are going to move to another DTD, we might as well move all the
way to the leading edge and go to XHTML.

I am bringing this up here, because I want to make sure that this will not
put a barrier in the way of developers properly documenting their work.
XHTML is very similar to HTML, but it is a little less forgiving in terms
of unclosed tags, case, etc.  If this conversion would adversly affect
your ability to document your work, please speak up now.

Discussion should go to apache-docs@apache.org.

Joshua.