httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Move from to incomplete
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:09:52 GMT
I already brought up one of these issues, but let me expand a little.

The recent move of the Apache HTTP Server to seems to be
incomplete.  In particular, the following things have not been addressed:

1. The mirrors are not longer being accessed for anything but
the ASF site.  It seems that this site has little need for mirroring, and
what really needs to be mirrored is

The solution to this, it seems, would be to change the mirroring
instructions, and let the mirrors know that they should now be mirroring

2. There is now no way to search the site, and therefore
no way to search the apache documentation.

I think that this just requires a few small fixes in
/www/ on locus.

3. Actually, I just lied.  You can search the documentation, but only the
version that is on, and this version will get steadily more
and more out of date.  In addition, there are still many many references
out there to locations on that should now be

Probably what is needed here is a liberal dose of Redirect's.

Sorry to just dump problems here, but I don't think I have enough
karma to fix any of these.

Joshua Slive
Phone: (604) 822-1871

View raw message