httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <>
Subject Re: apache-php and pthread
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:48:53 GMT
Which OS?  If you are using an OS that uses glibc-2.1.x you are going to
have to link libpthreads into Apache or none of this will work.  Doing a
dlopen() from a binary that is not linked against pthreads of a shared
library that is linked against pthreads tickles a nasty bug in glibc.

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Thomas Eisengarten wrote:

> hello,
> i've searched the internet but i don't find any hints about my problem - so
> i write to this list.
> i write an extension for php wich dynamicly loads an .so. this .so creates
> some pthreds which communicate with an other server. the creation of the
> thread does not work and the apache hangs. if i use php as a standalone
> executable it works fine. do i need any special attributes or somthing else
> to create a thread using pthreads in combination with apache?!
> thanx
> thomas eisengarten

View raw message