httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/sdbm sdbm.c sdbm_private.h
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 01:15:25 GMT

> > This is a start, but we are still using pools to allocate the file when we
> > do apr_open.  This should be a NULL pool at this point, and all pools
> > should be completely removed from SDBM.  For the next day or two, this
> > will leak memory a little bit, but I am in the middle of trying to fix all
> > of the memory leaks in APR that come about from using the NULL pool.
>
> No. It should continue to use a pool for the files. I absolutely refuse to
> pass NULL to apr_open() for this stuff.
>
> Leave it at that.

I will not "leave it at that".  Why do you want to use pools for
this?  What are you getting by using the pools?  This is a real problem
with APR that I have been hitting as well, that APR relies too much on
pools.  I see absolutely NO advantage to using pools for this apr_open.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131