httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/sdbm sdbm.c sdbm_private.h
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 01:01:46 GMT
On 1 Dec 2000 gstein@locus.apache.org wrote:

> gstein      00/11/30 16:46:47
>
>   Modified:    src/lib/sdbm sdbm.c sdbm_private.h
>   Log:
>   Allocate the SDBM structure using malloc/free rather than a pool. register a
>   pool cleanup as a backup, but allow "early freeing" via sdbm_close.
>
>   Concept from Ryan Bloom.

This is a start, but we are still using pools to allocate the file when we
do apr_open.  This should be a NULL pool at this point, and all pools
should be completely removed from SDBM.  For the next day or two, this
will leak memory a little bit, but I am in the middle of trying to fix all
of the memory leaks in APR that come about from using the NULL pool.

Ryan