httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [Patch]: mod_include rewrite: take two.
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:13:26 GMT

I haven't reviewed the code yet, but here is an answer to this
section.  I'll be reviewing and testing the code now.

> There was one problem that I encountered that could use some explanation.
> Ryan suggested that I remove the rr->output_filters = f->next; statements.
> When I did this I got core dumps due to what appeared to be a reentrancy
> problem. With these lines in the code seems to work fine. I assume that I
> am doing something else wrong that is being masked by this but don't have
> the filter/brigade background to understand what.

By setting the sub_request's filter stack to the next filter in the chain,
you are effectively trying to outsmart the core.  One of the things that
the core HAS to do, is add a sub_request output filter, which strips the
EOS bucket off the end of the sub_request's data.  Without this filter, we
send multiple EOS buckets to the core, which severly breaks things in
subtle ways.  I will try to fix this today, because this can't be
committed until this problem is solved.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131