httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: SetFilter
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:26:25 GMT

> I figured you would realize that eventually ;-)
>
> My complaint was that the docs were inconsistent, but you fixed the
> code instead of the docs.  I think it is a good idea to have filters
> selectable by mime type, but I think the primary way of doing it
> should be by file/location.  Judging from your ApacheToday article,
> I thought that is how it was working.

Patches coming all around.  Currently (before the SetFilter directive was
added), the way it worked was you would do:

AddOutputFitler INCLUDES

in your config file.  Generally this would go in a Directory or Files
container, so it would all just work.  People disliked that when I
committed it.  They wanted a different syntax and a different method for
assigning filters.  SetFilter was an attempt at fixing that.

> Perhaps we could have a more enlightened discussion about this if you took
> some of your copious amounts of free time and wrote a htdocs/filters.html
> which describes how you think the whole thing will work.

I'll try to get to it as soon as I roll the alpha, or over Thanksgiving,
or next week.....   :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131