httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Reaping of idle Apache child processes
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 15:42:07 GMT
On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> forgot to mention that this is when ExtendedStatus is available...
> to make it universally useful, always counting requests would
> be useful. Also, that would allow us for the parent process to
> handle MaxRequestsPerChild during the reaping process, rather
> then each child, which may make sense as well. At that point,
> the focus would be on 2.0.

How does this interact with MPMs?  It seems to me that some MPMs don't
even keep track of this information right now.  I have noticed some more
duplicated code in the MPMs recently, so I'll probably try to rip some of
it out.  Can we make this MPM agnostic?

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131