httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Splitting APR from Apache.
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 02:34:32 GMT
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:

>   Could Apache HTTPD just use the last stable release of APR?  I guess
> that ties the release cycles too closely.

There has been some discussion of this before, but in general people have
said they would rather Apache always had the most up-to-date Apache.  I
personally thing it would make more sense to just have Apache up the
latest release.

>   If we have to check out APR in the apache-2.0 sources, should we just
> add an &apr trick in the modules file so CVS does this for you
> automatically?

Using the &apr trick would put us in the same position we were in with the
htdocs stuff.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131