httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: exports.c again
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:08:09 GMT

> > I like not needing the declarations regardless of the config.  In other
> > words exports.c should declare the functions.
> >
> > This should be VERY easy to add to the script that generates the
> > code.  Question though.  Won't AIX get messed up if there are functions in
> > httpd.exp that aren't defined?
>
> As I understand it,yes, AIX will get messed up if httpd.exp has
> functions which aren't defined.
>
> What I plan to do when I get a chance (a few hours from now?):
>
> 1) change buildexports.sh to first spit out declarations (instead of
>    #include-s), then spit out what it does now
>
> 2) add APR_ENOTIMPL versions of apr_sendfile(), apr_get_os_thread(),
>    and apr_get_os_threadkey()
>
> In the future we can expect to add a few more dummy functions (like
> David Reid's problem with the procattr function on BeOS).
>
> Are we on the same page?

Yes.  While you are on this problem, can you think of a better solution
than the ugly hack?  The other option that I had thought of, was to define
a global variable in each C file, and just refer to that variable ion the
exports.c.  This would take slightly more time to generate, and it would
pollute APR with Apache specific stuff, but it would probably be more
portable.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131