httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: exports.c again
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 00:18:31 GMT

> So we'd first spit out
>
>   extern const void *apr_MD5Encode;
>   extern const void *apr_MD5Final;
>   extern const void *apr_MD5Init;
>
> then
>
>   const void *ap_hack_apr_MD5Encode = (const void *)apr_MD5Encode;
>   const void *ap_hack_apr_MD5Final = (const void *)apr_MD5Final;
>   const void *ap_hack_apr_MD5Init = (const void *)apr_MD5Init;
>
> Alternatively, we can declare all possible functions in the apr header
> files regardless of the configuration.
>
> Any preferences?

I like not needing the declarations regardless of the config.  In other
words exports.c should declare the functions.

This should be VERY easy to add to the script that generates the
code.  Question though.  Won't AIX get messed up if there are functions in
httpd.exp that aren't defined?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131