httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:43:12 GMT
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Sascha Schumann wrote:

> > I want to stress this a bit.  One of my complaints with Apache's 'make
> > depend', is that it doesn't generate the dependancies in all directories,
> > it only does the dependancies for the configured directories.
>
>     I don't see the point of this. What do you want with
>     dependencies which you don't use during the build?

Because I build Apache three or four different ways to test it.  Very
often I build the first time with prefork, then I build with mpmt_pthread,
and so on.  But, it can be days between changing the MPM to the next
one.  If I forget to re-run dependancies I spend hours tracking down bugs
that aren't there.  To fix this, I always end up running make clean;make
whenever I build.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131