httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:51:52 GMT
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > I believe Ryan would like the "make depend" to occur in "buildconf".
> > Personally, I wouldn't want to see that, but I'm okay with deferring that to
> > a later decision. First order of biz is to clear up the deps and implement a
> > new system for generating them.
>
> As long as it is easy to generate and it ALWAYS generates all of the
> directories, I'll be happy.

I want to stress this a bit.  One of my complaints with Apache's 'make
depend', is that it doesn't generate the dependancies in all directories,
it only does the dependancies for the configured directories.

I am copying dev@apr.apache.org in on this, because I want to start to
migrate discussions to it.

To catch those people up, after the big move to put the include files in
architecture-specific directories, there is some discussion about how to
generate dependancies correctly.  If you want to see the whole thread, I
suggest looking at the new-httpd archives at either archive.covalent.net
or dev.apache.org.  The discussion started late last night.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131