httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:56:11 GMT
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, David Reid wrote:

> There aren't many files that need to be done across platform, so why not
> look for them at configure time and set the directory?

There are right now eight private header files for unix, and at least five
of those are done across platforms be os2, aix, beos, or os390.  Checking
for these eight files isn't very extensible into the future, as we add
more header files that are cross-platform.

IMO, We either need to figure out a way to let the dependancies just do
this, or go back to having the C files specify it for themselves.

> look for fileio.h in include/arch/os
> if it's there define something like FILEIOHDIR=include/arch/os
> otherwise default to FILEIOHDIR=include/arch/unix
>
> I think it's only fileio, networkio and threadproc that have this sort of
> dependancy.

locks, dso, I expect i18n will have this issue at some point, as will
mmap.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131