httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:09:32 GMT
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> The APR build is still messed up on OS/390, but in a different way
> today :)
>
> The new lib/apr/network_io/unix/Makefile.in has:
>
>   sockets.o: sockets.c $(OSDIR)/networkio.h \
>          (more stuff)
>
> For me, OSDIR is set to the os390 directory, but there is no
> networkio.h in that directory.  The dependency causes make to bail
> out.  I can make it work for now by editing network_io/unix/Makefile
> and misc/unix/Makefile and setting OSDIR to the unix directory, but
> obviously we need a better solution.
>
> more thought required...

This is a dependancy issue.  Just change the dependancy to be
unix/networkio.h or run make depend in that directory.  The problem is
happening because the dependancies were created on a unix box, where OSDIR
== DEFAULT_OSDIR.  If you re-run the dependancies on a 390 box and commit
the changes this will go away and things will still work on Unix.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131