httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:12:07 GMT

> I agree. I'm currently fixing up the OS/2 APR build & I think the cleanest
> way to go is:
>
> - Every Makefile.in contains at least
> INCLUDES=-I$(INCDIR) -I$(INCDIR)/arch/@OSDIR@
> -I$(INCDIR)/arch/@DEFAULT_OSDIR@
>
> - all APR private includes look like #include "fileio.h", ie no leading
> arch directory so no #ifdef'ing needed in shared .c files.
>
> I think something very similar was suggested by someone else, in which case
> I'm just agreeing :)

This is what Will Rowe suggested.  I have no great opinion either way, but
I would point out one deficiency with this method (not that the current
method doesn't have it's drawbacks.  :-)  The only drawback I see, is that
this ties each platform to a single default OS.

Please do not consider this a veto or a vote, or anything, this is just a
note.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131