httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: architecture-specific directories
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:41:44 GMT
On 13 Nov 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net writes:
>
> > Change:
> >
> > INCLUDES=-I$(INCDIR) -I$(INCDIR)/arch/@OSDIR@
> >
> > to:
> >
> > INCLUDES=-I$(INCDIR) -I$(INCDIR)/arch/@OSDIR@ -I $(INCDIR)/arch/unix
> >

> This patch fairly closely implements the first possibility you listed,
> but it allows customizing the include order based on the platform.

You really don't want to do this at the configure level.  This restricts
the directory hierarchy to one per-platform, which is what we were trying
to get away from.

Think of it this way, it is possible for OS/2 to share code with both
Windows and Unix, and which one comes first is on a per directory basis.

This needs to be put into each Makefiles independantly.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131