httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: Implementing split() on pipe buckets?
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:14:47 GMT
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [...]

I disagree.  This only has to do with Apache if the code doesn't go into
APR.  :-)  Basically, if this code is subsumed into APR, then Apache is
perfectly happy.  If the code doesn't go into APR, then the httpd group
should be deciding if the code belongs strictly in Apache, or if it
belongs in some other utility library that we split off at some later
date.

My thought process here, is that there are people involved in APR that
aren't on this list, and they are likely to have opinions on what does and
does not go into APR.

As soon as the APR lists are created, those developers interested in the
discussions of what does and doesn't belong in APR are going to have to
spend a week or two discussing the mission statement for APR.  Adding any
new feature that isn't obviously a portability issue should be tabled
until that mission statement is created.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131