httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Problem with content length filter
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:52:36 GMT

> ARGH!  The default handler is still using ap_send_fd, which means it can't
> attach the EOS bucket.  This handler should be re-written to use buckets
> directly, because we always know this will just be sending a simple file,
> and we can avoid multiple trips down the stack if it just attaches the
> EOS.  It also tells the content-length filter to always set the
> content-length if we just have a simple file to send.

One more thing I just noticed.  This handler should also not be setting
the content-length itself.  There is a real chance that the data in the
file will be modified, and we have the content-length filter to set the
C-L, so no handler should really bother doing it.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131