httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Problem with content length filter
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:50:25 GMT
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > My first hunch is that default_handler shouldn't close the handle,
leaving
> > it to the file bucket's destructor or the pool cleanup. Alternatively
> > either the file bucket create or set-aside could dupe the handle.
>
> Your first hunch is 100% correct.  The default handler shouldn't ever
> close anything.  Also, please make sure the default handler is allocating
> the file out of the connections pool.  Otherwise, we won't be able to save
> the file.  Also, the default handler should be attaching an EOS bucket at
> the end of the brigade, because that will keep the content-length filter
> from even bothering to save the brigade aside.

ARGH!  The default handler is still using ap_send_fd, which means it can't
attach the EOS bucket.  This handler should be re-written to use buckets
directly, because we always know this will just be sending a simple file,
and we can avoid multiple trips down the stack if it just attaches the
EOS.  It also tells the content-length filter to always set the
content-length if we just have a simple file to send.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131