httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: Implementing split() on pipe buckets?
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:28:58 GMT

> I figured out, Ryan is inside the bucket, so he's looking for the
> most optimized way for buckets to do their thing.  Some people are
> inside the filter, and they are looking for the simplest way for
> filters to  do their thing.  The answer is really somewhere in the
> middle, and I'm not suggesting I even know where that middle is.

Actually, I'm in the middle.  I want clean code, which is one of the
reasons I don't want reading from the file to keep us from being able to
use sendfile.  I almost think we need a peek function.  But I also want
code that makes sense, and in the case of pipes and sockets, splitting
them doesn't make any sense.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131