httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Fw: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/test mod_autoindex.c mod_autoindex.exp
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 23:11:59 GMT
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> You know the coalesce filter (when it is coded to work correctly. It has a bug
> now that I haven;t had time to track down) will eliminate the 'horrid chunking
> characteristics' of mod_autoindex.  That is why I wrote the filter in the
> first place.  I am not convinced we should eliminate the ap_r* API. It is a
> simple streaming API that will be easier for module writers to write against
> as compared to the bucket brigade API. Stick the coalesce filter in line when
> using the ap_r* API and it works nicely.

Nobody said anything about removing the ap_r* API.  What we have said is
that we would rather re-code some of the core modules to use a buckets
interface because it is more optimal.  The ap_r* functions will still be
there, but that doesn't mean we should feel forced to use them.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131