httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix poll.c sendrecv.c
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 07:21:52 GMT

>   -    * Platforms which have their own APR directories for some feature but
>   -      mostly use the unix directories (e.g., OS/390 which uses an os390
>   -      directory only for the DSO feature) don't compile cleanly because the
>   -      include path is messed up.  For example, start.c can't find locks.h.
>   -      See new-httpd thread "os-specific directories and -Ifoo/OSDIR in APR"
>   -      in August/2000.

This problem has been solved by creating an arch directory under
apr/include.  The arch directory has a directory for each architecture.  C
files then include the correct architecture so that every platform should
compile cleanly now.

I probably should have gotten group consensus on this before making the
move, but this is the correct solution IMO.  It works, and it should
continue to work into the future.

However, I know that this change broke Windows.  The reason I know Windows
is broken is that I can't modify the Windows Makefiles or project
files.  This should be an easy change to make, just change all of the
-I. to -I../../include/arch.  I have already changed all of the C

I tried to be as careful as possible, but there were a lot of files
changing, and it is likely that I either have a typo that wasn't caught
during my diff or that I missed a file or two.  These should all be easy
to fix, but I will apologize now for any grief this causes.  :-)

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message