httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@valueclick.com>
Subject Re: Beta? or Alpha 8?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:24:14 GMT
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> I believe we are finally ready for a beta.  Most of the open PR's are
> closed, and most of the showstoppers are solvable within a week or two.  I
> think we should shoot for a beta release on Friday November 17th.  If we
> aren't going to go beta, then I would like to roll Alpha 8 on the 17th.
>
> Thoughts?

Maybe make a last alpha ~4 days before the beta. Say alpha 8 on the
17th and beta 1 on the 23th if nothing major comes up.

As others have said before, the expectations for the first beta are
going pretty high and it really needs to be near production quality.
(Otherwise better just keep calling it alphas and go quickly from
alpha to release.) All IMO obviously.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>