httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: broken core_output_filter
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2000 00:20:13 GMT

This filter is broken in a number of ways.  I am currently working on
getting it to save a brigade past the end of a request, so that pipelining
works better.  When I finish that I will re-visit the flush bucket
semantics.  Depending on how adventurous I feel, I may just start this
filter over.

Ryan

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> I can't find the stupid CVS commit, but the recent change to
> core_output_filter to look for FLUSH buckets broke it. It assumes that a
> flush occurs at the end of a brigade. Unlike an EOS bucket (which has the
> *semantics* of "end of content"), I don't believe that we can assume the
> same for FLUSH buckets.
>
> Ryan: I believe that was your change to the core_output_filter. I think the
> right answer would be to set a flag that says "saw flush" rather than
> breaking out of the loop.
>
> Urk. Looking in there, I see we also assume a single FILE bucket per
> brigade. That isn't going to work either...
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> --
> Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/