httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Mod_include design
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:48:04 GMT

> Paul -- yes, a clean parser is much more desirable. From your initial note,
> I think you are definitely on the right track: a state machine to record
> where you are in the parsing algorithm (and lexing if you separate that
> out), and storing context into the filter context (at one point, Ryan said
> something about a "static variable" -- I'll smack him for that next time I
> see him (he broke headers because he held context that way); use the context
> field like you intended).

You can smack me all you want, but a state machine is still
wrong.  :-)  If I said static variable, it was a mistake.  What I meant
was a local variable.  I didn't have great connectivity in London after
the conference, so I didn't always re-read before I sent the messages.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131