httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src CHANGES
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:55:55 GMT
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Ryan,
> I completely disagree with this veto.  It is arbitrary and unilateral.
> mod_ext_filter is a slick, direct and elegant way to bind the web server to
> Unix style filters.  Yes, it is different but that doesn't make it bad. I
> suggest a compromise: let it reside in modules/experimental for a release and
> see what happens. If it doesn't get traction, then boot it out.

a) this isn't arbitrary.  The Apache Group has veto'd other modules from
just being included in the past.

b) it isn't unilateral.  I have listened to everybodies arguments, and I
was about to reply to Jeff by removing the veto.

I still dislike that we are distributing this, not because it isn't
useful, but because I don't think it is the Apache Group's job to
distribute all modules.  I would still like to see this module live on
modules.apache.org for a while before it becomes a part of the core
distribution, but I am not going to force the issue.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131