httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Prachi N. Thakar" <pra...@cs.duke.edu>
Subject re. Measuring apache throughput
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 06:02:06 GMT
Hi,
	I am new to debugging apache code and need some help/info. I am
trying to measure the throughput of the apache webserver in terms of the
requests satisfied per second. Ideally, I would like to calculate the
throuput after every 1000 requests and write it to some file (eg.
error_log). However, there are two problems that I face:

1. Since there are a number of child processes created, the requests get
distributed to more than a single process and there is no global
information maintained. Would I have to manually calculate how long each
of the processes took to process the 1000 requests?

2. What is the ideal throughput for the Apache webserver. The way I am
doing it right now, I get very low values. Maybe my code is buggy but I
would like to compare it against some known value.

I have two clients constantly requesting for the same static file from the
server. My apache server is running on linux. (Apache_1.3.12)

Any help/info for the above problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Prachi Thakar