httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van Zoest <san...@covalent.net>
Subject mod_log_config: Cookie logging patch, status?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:58:58 GMT

Hi,

in <20000803122854.P28576@sung4.rd.bbc.co.uk>,
<http://archive.covalent.net/new-httpd/2000/08/0036.xml> Erik Meyer
posted a patch to mod_log_config that would use the %{cookie}c to log
specific cookies. PR#6418 has a similar patch.

I have found a need for this several times and was wondering if we
could get this in apache. Bill Stoddard since that has used the %c
for logging of the connection status, so I guess we need to find
another letter since otherwise it might be too confusing. How about
%{cookie}C, or do you see something better?

I am willing to fix the patches up to HEAD on both 1.3 and 2.0.

Any reasons to not add this functionality?

--
Sander van Zoest                                         [sander@covalent.net]
Covalent Technologies, Inc.                           http://www.covalent.net/