httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: Question about hooks in mod_include.
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:44:38 GMT

In a message dated 00-11-28 19:04:30 EST, Greg Stein writes...

> Ryan's idea of the hash table registration process is a Good Idea, but let's
> export a registration function that people call during their register_hooks
> module slot.

You actually are going to need both.
The case can be argued both ways for one or the other
so why not just allow both options and cover all the bases.

Having only a 'specific' time when the alternate hooks can
be registered ( the hookout issued my mod_include ) might
allow the greatest control and the simplest coding but not
the most flexibility. Why not make sure a module can actually
register/unregister hooks during the actual fixup or handler calls
so the module can 'react' to changing circumstances.

No big deal.

Yours
Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communications, Inc.