httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Monte Ohrt <>
Subject feature request: timezone setting per virtual host?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:50:27 GMT

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, I didn't find anything
in the mailing list archives. Is it possible for each virtual host in
apache to have its own timezone setting? Then access_log timestamps
would be based on the timezone of that virtual host, and not necessarily
the local time of the web server.

This feature would make access log reports much simpler. For instance,
if you have several clients from different timezones hosted on one
system, this eases the need to convert all the logs to another timezone
(offset from localtime) within the log analyzing program. It would be
much more efficient to correct this at the source (apache log file).

Thoughts on this? Would this feature have any affects that would really
hose something else up that I'm not thinking of?

View raw message