httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Beta????
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:17:50 GMT
We're always going to make changes after the beta. However, I think we want
the repository reorg to happen *before* then, per David's suggestion of
{reorg, alpha, beta}.

aputil may be moot if we create a full-on "aprutil" package. Well...
whatever. I think the big things here are:

* do the CVS reorg, per Roy's first pass plus a few nits here and there
* during that reorg, start/populate a new apr-util CVS module
* release an alpha with the source reorg
* do a beta at some point

And I'll say again that (IMO) a beta date has lower priority than a kickass
Apache. I'm always up for doing the Right Thing(tm) for Apache (e.g. reorg
the CVS) even when it pushes the Beta back a bit.

But that said: I am finally starting to feel the urge to see us ship a beta
at some point in the next two months... :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/