httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@light.plus.com>
Subject Re: preserved_filename breaks binary compatibility (if using EAPI)
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:37:15 GMT
On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 03:54:43AM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 12:35:32PM +0000, Mark J Cox wrote:
> > Back in March the request_rec was extended with
> > "case_preserved_filename", but only the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR was
> > altered (I guess this makes sense because it shouldn't break binary
> > compatibility of modules)
> >
> > But if you're a mod_ssl user using EAPI then the change moves the ctx
> > field used by EAPI, so breaks binary compatiblity for any modules that
> > happen to interact with EAPI (mod_dav for example).
>
> mod_dav does NOT use EAPI

It's worth knowing: it doesn't *seem* to, but it actually does, if your
Apache is EAPI-patched, since ap_http_method() is turned into an
ap_ctx_get() call.  This is why a mod_dav binary built against an
EAPI-patched 1.3.12 breaks against an EAPI-patched 1.3.14 (on COPY and
MOVE requests only)...

Regards,

joe